• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustee/Beneficiary problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

XFARMER

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma. I am one of two grown children both in our 50's.
Our parents (deceased) set up a trust with 1/2 of the assets of their estate. The other half was given outright to my sister. She is the Trustee of the trust with me and my three children as beneficiaries. My relationship has never been good and is not now. She has just advised me in writing that she will be resigning as trustee as of 1/1/07. The trust designates the attorney that set up the trust to be successor trustee. I am the next in line to be trustee.
Myself and two of my three children want the attorney to step down. Any ideas? Should I demand an accounting first thing?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma. I am one of two grown children both in our 50's.
Our parents (deceased) set up a trust with 1/2 of the assets of their estate. The other half was given outright to my sister. She is the Trustee of the trust with me and my three children as beneficiaries. My relationship has never been good and is not now. She has just advised me in writing that she will be resigning as trustee as of 1/1/07. The trust designates the attorney that set up the trust to be successor trustee. I am the next in line to be trustee.
Myself and two of my three children want the attorney to step down. Any ideas? Should I demand an accounting first thing?
You can ask but unless there is grounds, the attorney can tell you to suck wind.

And yes, YOU should demand a formal fiscal accounting before sis steps down. OR, since you are a beneficiary, you have the right to all trust documents and should demand so through YOUR attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">