• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustee cheating trust beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

retsel

North Dakota
My uncle[A] felt his son to be immature and put my cousin's inheritance in a trust. When my uncle[A] died, his daughter[C] (my cousin) became the trustee. Her[C] daughter[D] recently took power of attorney for her mother[C] because of Alzheimers. Thereby, she[D] became the trustee for my cousin’s trust. His niece[D] is apparently trying to cheat my cousin out of his inheritance. What can be done to allow my cousin to recover his inheritance. How should he begin to take action? My uncle[A] would roll over in his grave if he knew about it. Thanks for any advice.

Dandy Don

He needs to get a trust attorney to handle this for him. The POA may not necessarily transfer trustee power and he can demand an accounting and a copy of the trust to ask that it be put in the hands of a professional trustee, such as a bank.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">