• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustee fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brendanNH

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.

My wife and I are trustees of a trust set up by my wife's late grandmother to protect the assets (a house) from my wife's father, who has mental problems (to say the least) . The grandmother wanted the trust to provide the father with supplemental things that aren't provided for him by the disability benefits he recieves.

We are selling the house (the father is unfit to live there) and the money will go into the trust to provide for the father.

What is a reasonable amount to reimburse the trustees (ourselves) for managing this money and selling the house? I'm guessing the house will sell for around $170K, and my wife is an accountant, in case that matters.

Dandy Don

Trustee fees are highly confidential and known only to attorneys, so your best bet would be to consult with a local trust attorney about this matter or post your query to another website called www.lawguru.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">