• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustee Illegalities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

endrunner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

My oldest brother is a co-trustee who has acted from day one like a sole trustee and now has commingled trust assets with his own revocable trust, which is so named ostensibly to benefit his own family. Or, he has simply changed the name of this trust to his own name which would create similar alarming accounting issues. I am a beneficiary and it is an SNT. The new name started appearing on monthly checks issues this month.
I need to know what is my FIRST reaction to this(fllowed by step number 2, 3, 4, etc)? Do I notify the bank, the District Attorney in my brother's county of residence, or what? I need to also know whether there is any chance of getting injunctive relief from this and if so is that done with the Surrogate's Court in this state or do I have to approach another court for that??
There is also a challenge clause attached to this trust with the only means to remove a trustee, ie, the voting him off, removed from possibility by the other family members.

tranquility

The first, last and only legitimate reaction is to view the trusts and assets.

Bring all you have to an attorney. No one can advise on such vague facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">