• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustee refusing to accept certified mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kzort

What is the name of your state? CA

I have been trying to contact the Trustee (my brother-in-law) of my mother's estate to request his final accounting of how he's spent the money and he keeps refusing my certified letters. I have also sent certified copies to the estate attorney. She is also ignoring my requests.

My question is can I fax these letters to his place of employment in an attempt to get him to respond or is there some law prohibiting me from doing so.

His his obligation as a trusutee over once he has made the final disbursements of her assets or just because he says it's over ?

HomeGuru

kzort said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I have been trying to contact the Trustee (my brother-in-law) of my mother's estate to request his final accounting of how he's spent the money and he keeps refusing my certified letters. I have also sent certified copies to the estate attorney. She is also ignoring my requests.

My question is can I fax these letters to his place of employment in an attempt to get him to respond or is there some law prohibiting me from doing so.

His his obligation as a trusutee over once he has made the final disbursements of her assets or just because he says it's over ?
Send the letter certified rrr restricted delivery to his place of employment.

Dandy Don

If you think this trustee has something to hide, then his receipt of a certified letter is the least of your worries. You need to be consulting with a local trust attorney to find out if the law permits any remedies to force him to provide the information you are looking for, or find out how to get the trust audited.

Send him the letter by regular mail and at least it will get delivered and he can't refuse that.

lwpat

It sounds like you need the advice of an attorney. The only reason he would refuse your requests is if he has something to hide.

You need to make a trip to the probate court and get a copy of the files, the estate and the trust. Then contact an attorney for a consultation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">