• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trustee's fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lee sloan

Texas.
I basically have a two part question. My step mother and I are the beneficiaries of a trust that was set up by my father, the distributions of the trust are made from stock dividends each month. My two part question is , the executor of the estate collects a trustee fee each month deducted from the gross total of the distribution equal to approx. 13%, is a trustee’s fee allowed to be charged at that % and for distribution from a brokerage firm? The second part is all income from that trust has been reported to the IRS and claimed on my taxes , from the last distribution there has also been included a deduction of a large amount (per the Trustee) to cover U.S Treasury Taxes for 2008, and U.S Treasury estimated tax 1st qtr. 2009, my question on this is , if I am already paying taxes on dividends received plus qtr. Estimates, are these other Taxes from the Account Value? And should the taxes be paid thru the estate or required to be paid directly by my Step mother and myself along with any C.P.A fees incurred from the C.P.A . of the estate?

Dandy Don

This is a question for the tax law message board or better yet, consult a local CPA or tax accountant who has experience with estates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">