• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustfund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crystalbandit

When my grandfather passed away without a will, the inheritance was devised up between all the children. My mother had passed before this so the money that was to go to her was put into trust for my brother and I and we could get it at the age of 26. My aunt that was to set it up has passed away, my uncle called and said I had money in a trust fund and said my cousins would find the paper work but no one has done any thing. I have went to the bank were my trust fund should of been and they don't have anything but a record of my aunt taking money out. How can I find my trust fund and if my aunt spent the money is her husband liable for it? What can I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What US state did your uncle pass away in and what US state are you in?
How old were you when your grandfather passed away?

Silverplum

When my grandfather passed away without a will, the inheritance was devised up between all the children. My mother had passed before this so the money that was to go to her was put into trust for my brother and I and we could get it at the age of 26. My aunt that was to set it up has passed away, my uncle called and said I had money in a trust fund and said my cousins would find the paper work but no one has done any thing. I have went to the bank were my trust fund should of been and they don't have anything but a record of my aunt taking money out. How can I find my trust fund and if my aunt spent the money is her husband liable for it? What can I do?
Would you be liable for a crime committed by your spouse/sibling/parent?

LdiJ

Would you be liable for a crime committed by your spouse/sibling/parent?
If auntie's estate would have been responsible for any financial crimes she committed and uncle inherited said estate, then that might make uncle, or the executor of auntie's will, responsible. In addition, if auntie looted the trust funds (or never set them up and spent the money herself) and uncle knew about or should have known about and benefited from said stealing, then uncle could be held responsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">