• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to find Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gene Hulsey

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am son looking for my Dad's Will. My Dad has passed away. We have search the house and no Will. There is a chance he made a Will with his last divorce attorney. I would like to contact him.

Can the attorney give me a copy of his Will if he has it on file? If so, what documents do I need before attorney will give me a copy?

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am son looking for my Dad's Will. My Dad has passed away. We have search the house and no Will. There is a chance he made a Will with his last divorce attorney. I would like to contact him.

Can the attorney give me a copy of his Will if he has it on file? If so, what documents do I need before attorney will give me a copy?
You should also check the decedent's check stubs to see if another attorney was used. Also check with the local bank branches for a deposit box. If you do find the Will in the custody of an attorney, usually all you will need to prove the decedent's death is a certified copy of the death certificate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">