• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TTEE name on deed/Succssr TTEE does what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cakes2Ewe

What is the name of your state? Ca
My home was initially purchased BY an Irrevoc. Trust with the initial trustees name (as TTEE of The Blah Blah Irrv Trust.) This is the way it reads on the deed to the property. I, as beneficiary, was allowed to pick out the home but was not allowed to be part of the escrow.
Now the settlor has changed Trustee's, which is all the rights the settlor retained in this very strange transaction. The new trustee wants to just put my name on the deed, but we don't know if that is allowable. The replaced trustee did not tell the new trustee how to go about this... The settlor did not know that they gave up their rights to say or do anything further, in fact, they did not understand what the trust was doing.
The transaction of purchasing the home is not mentioned anywhere, nor is the address of the property. It does not say that the beneficiary can live there and it gives the beneficiary no powers of appointment.
Any body have any ideas or comments? Please, I don't know if there is a time limit or what...... Sure don't want to lose my home due to some slight ommission of detail........Thank Ewe:confused:

Dandy Don

Real estate transactions are complex and must be done very specifically to be correct. How do you expect us to know what the trust's intentions are for the house when we can't read the trust document? New trustee or you need to be consulting with a trust attorney or a real estate attorney or an estate planning professional to figure out whether or not your name should at any point be on the deed or whether the trust/trustee should retain ownership and figure out a way to give you the property at a future date.

C

Cakes2Ewe

:eek: I am sorry if I asked a stupid question Sir, however I am trying to do as much investigation on my own as I can. Apparently this is much too complex a situation to break down for posting purposes.

Thank you, I have been under the impression I would need one of those very attorneys you pointed out. Now, how do I find a pro bono attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">