• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

two estates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leslie Dew

I have acomplicatedsituation.My adult brother and I are both residents of North Carolina.Our mother passed away Dec.2000 as a resident of NC.Her husband ,our father is a resident of Missouri.My mother did not have a will and due to a lingering illness was not in possesion of any personal property,she was a resident of a nursing home.The problem is that my mother's mother passed away in July 2000 leaving a considerable sized estate behind.My Father has signed a statement reliquishing all right to my mothers estate and is willing to do whatever else is neccesary to see that my brother and I receive any part that would have gone to my mother.Also my Grandmother was a resident of Kentucky.What steps should my brother and I now take to eliminate as much hassle as possible and are there any surprises we should look for.My Grandmother's estate has not gone to probate yet.

Thanks for any help,
lfdx3

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">