• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsigned Will Valid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plummerak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

My question is about my grandfather completing a Will by his lawyers but dying before he signed the Will. Is the Will still valid?

latigo

Lord love a duck! Are you really that naive?

Could you take an unsigned check out of his checkbook, write your name as payee, fill in a stated amount for withdrawal and cash it?

plummerak

What?

I appreciate the reply but definitely not the way you answered it. How disrespectful you are. I know that signing of the Will is very important, and from what I understand from his lawyer it was my grandfather’s intent to sign the Will. But he passed away before that could happen.
I read in a local paper about a marriage that was planned. And on the day of the wedding the husband was killed. Although they didn’t sign the marriage license, the judge in their case granted the woman the marriage and was entitled to all the benefits of the marriage.
Although my grandfather didn’t sign the Will but had the Will drawn up and had witnesses know his intent on signing it, wondered if it fell into the same category.
NOW, I know this is not a place where professionals are answering your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I read in a local paper about a marriage that was planned. And on the day of the wedding the husband was killed. Although they didn’t sign the marriage license, the judge in their case granted the woman the marriage and was entitled to all the benefits of the marriage.
Bull .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">