• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US will, Citizen of Ireland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Irish Will

I have a friend who is permanently working in Chicago, IL (Green Card). She is a citizen of Ireland and isn't sure if she'll apply for dual citizenship here.

I discovered last night that she doesn't have a will. Since she isn't married and her family lives in Ireland, does she need a US will? Can the executor be her family in Ireland (or can it be someone here)? Does she need a will for Ireland? All of her assets are here in the US, and she claims her investments etc are TOD to her family in Ireland.

I don't think she's though about it before.

Thanks

Last edited:

Dandy Don

If her assets are truly TOD then she doesn't need a will here in the US. If there are other assets that have not been designated with beneficiaries, she will need one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">