• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UTMA - petitioning court to change custodian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jem6116

What is the name of your state? Florida

My father is the custodian of my college fund, which is an UTMA. I know that you can petition the court to change the custodian, but is it possible to petition the court to change the "custodian" to myself (I'm 19)?

Dandy Don

Not likely to happen. If you are going to use the money to go to college, why would you care who the custodian is?

jem6116

Not likely to happen. If you are going to use the money to go to college, why would you care who the custodian is?
DandyDon, my parents are sick people. Although they don't misuse the money, dealing them is a psychological drain, which keeps me depressed. I have years of psychological reports to show this. I also have a good credit history, and would promise the court detailed accounting reports to prove that I use the money appropriately. Is there any way to try to do this petition without paying thousands for a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">