• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle of deceased with out a will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nrambo126

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My brother, recently deceased only owned a car. He was not married but did have one child, 7 years old. The family would like to keep the car for the daughter until she is old enough. Her mother said that she is going to take the car and have the titled transfered to the daughter in care of the mother. The mother then wants to sell the car.

Does the family (mother, father, brother) have any say in what should be done with the vehicle?

BelizeBreeze

My brother, recently deceased only owned a car. He was not married but did have one child, 7 years old. The family would like to keep the car for the daughter until she is old enough. Her mother said that she is going to take the car and have the titled transfered to the daughter in care of the mother. The mother then wants to sell the car.

Does the family (mother, father, brother) have any say in what should be done with the vehicle?
If the mother was not married to your brother at the time of his death she has no rights to the auto. She can file as the guardian of the child if one of the family members does not. (hint)

seniorjudge

Ask the probate court clerk in your area if there is such a thing as a small estates act which would let somebody get the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">