• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SKYDRIVER

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am the Personal Representative for my mother's estate and Trustee of my mother's trust. My mother died March 19, 2005 of a stroke. I borrowed $150,000 in November 2004. I have been paying all the monthly payments regularly. The loan was a verbal agreement between my mother and I. I was told by an attorney the I have to pay the balance to the estate right away, that I can not continue to make payments as agreeded to by my mother. I am willing and have continued to make the $1507.00 payment a month. As long as I keep paying the loan, how can they make me come up with the money all at once. I had a bankrupcey in 2000 and I can't get a loan. I borrowed the money for a business that is just developing but not making any money yet. Isn't a verbal contract good even if the other party is now deceased. I had power of attorney for her . I was not trustee for her trust until she died. The trust has approx. $332,000. Her checking and savings is approx.$83,000. She will owe maybe $3000 in taxes next year and nothinging else. I didn't expect her to die so soon. Her health was great for a 85 year old woman. My mother first stroke took away her walking and her writing. We had a stamp made of her signature. She always told me what checks to write, what bills to pay. I would write the checks and use the stamp for her signature. Every month when she got the statements, I would go over to her home and we would reconcile her savings and checking account.She was in charge of her money, I just paid the bills. I never made decisions with her money. She made them all. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Tell this 'attorney' the minute he produces a valid contract of debt that you will be more than happy to repay any amounts still outstanding.

Otherwise, who the hell is this 'attorney'?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">