• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very old will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dimus

We just recently found a will that was never fulfilled from a great, great, great, grandfather who owned a significant estate in Wales. There's an accompanying story, claiming theft of the estate by a business partner but no proof other than the will. Is it worth pursuing this? I imagine that after so many years it might not be possible to even find this estate, let alone claim it...plus it's international and proof of theft might need to be established. However, it was worth millions of dollars back in the early 1800s which I would imagine is a very substantial amount now so it's hard not to be curious, especially when you're hurting for money. Any advice?

ShyCat

U.S. law only (though I suspect that the statute of limitations is long past even in Wales). :cool:

Proserpina

Sorry, didn't see that requirement anywhere but I guess it makes sense.

On the offchance that this might actually be worth pursuing, I'd recommend at least contacting an attorney in the UK who specializes in this stuff.

We (the UK - I'm English) do have some rather odd rules and laws pertaining to old wills, inheritances and land transfers.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">