• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Viewing a Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jacsf4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I need a little advice. Who has legal access to a persons will, if that person is still living? My great-aunt is still living and my aunt is her POA. I understand that my aunt has access, but now her husband has verbally stated he has looked over the will and also shown it to a couple lawyers and judges. Just a year ago he stated that since he is not in the will, he has no desire to get involved in it. He is now in the process of trying to force my father and myself to sell out our interest in our inheritance, but will not allow us to verify the information in the will. I have no interest in "selling out", but would like to know if he is even legally allowed to see the will since my great aunt is still alive and he is not POA. Anyone have any ideas?

curb1

What does "great aunt" say about this? What is her mental condition if there is an attempt to change will?

jacsf4

She is currently in a nursing home. She is coherant, but not to the mental ability to be making decisions on that level. She has suffered a few minor strokes over the past 10 years.

curb1

How is he " trying to force" anything without giving information of what he is trying to force? Ask him to explain because he is not making sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">