• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was we legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1betterlife

MI Law for elders

Our grandmother gave us gifts and shared money over the years. We did trips to see vegas, hoover dam, branson, arizona grand canyon. Now she has gotten older the police ask her if she gave us money and she said no.

She has always said we should enjoy it as a family together then wait till she passed away.

I asked her why and she said that she said because it was years ago and none of the polices business. I want everything on the up and up. Would anyone suggest a video or something?

The will and trust only has us 2 on there so should be fine. My grandmother and I have had a great life but in todays world everthing gets changed out of proportion.

The care takers who changed her trust for 4 months sold property and stole all the proceeds now blaim us.

Our family including myself has never stole anything we are not criminals and feel dishonored for them suggesting the fact to cover there own actions of guilt.
What and where do we go.

Last edited:

curb1

How did this happen?

You said, "The care takers who changed her trust for 4 months sold property and stole all the proceeds now blaim us.".

Is grandmother OK mentally? Who is the trustee of the trust? Did the "caretakers" need the money for grandmother's care?

1betterlife

How did this happen?

You said, "The care takers who changed her trust for 4 months sold property and stole all the proceeds now blaim us.".

Is grandmother OK mentally? Who is the trustee of the trust? Did the "caretakers" need the money for grandmother's care?
We did trust in 1996 with our family and me as trustee. Caretakers told grandma she would go to home if she did not sign over trust and let them take care of her. When they found I was coming home from out of State they ran.

Grandma is better she is walking now but seems very forgetful and vunerable.

They also made a appointment for dr to see if she was competent but never took her. We now have and hope we can prolong the memory loss. Thank you

these people took a check and took all of it for themselves. Its very Sad

curb1

How could they take anything from the trust if you were trustee? That doesn't make sense. There are parts of this story that are missing.

OK - history checked.

Last edited:

1betterlife

Trustee

I may not being saying it right I was only trustee if Grandma past away. She was still trustee. They acted as her new trustee but worked of the power of attorney

1betterlife

They had grandma sign over part of her land . then took the check had her sign it. then went to the bank the check was drawn on and endorced it over to themself and cashed it.

1betterlife

Thank you for looking

I have spent 5 months locating all details. Had to get copys of all checks land sale docs everything has been hidden.

The care takers had a lawer come to the house told the lawer they took her to get competency check and he change caretakers as trustees after being the same as in 1996. He claimed it was her wishes.

Grandma and I changed the trust back to original but made it now where we are both trustees and have to sign.

I just want to make sure changing it back was the way to do it or go to court and have them stop caretakers changes.

If I am missing information for you to make a good judgement please say so.

thank you again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">