• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moms7kid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
I am one of the executors of my moms small estate. The other executor (one of my sisters) stole money and other items from my moms house and refuses to return them. Two of my other sisters also stole property from my moms house. Is there anything I can do? My sister (co-executor) never acted as an executor. Did nothing with the estate. She had access to my moms house while our mom was in the hospital. The three sisters worked together to steal property from the house. The will was not probated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

What is the value of the items stolen? If you have done no previous inventory, then there is not much you can do, as you have no way to prove that they belonged to your mother. Did you even report the theft to the police?

moms7kid

what to do

I did an inventory and took pictures. The value of the plates is roughly $2700.00. As she was co-executor, she said she would hold the plates until the items could be divided. Now she refuses to return them so they can be distributed per our moms will. I did not report it to the police. I wasn't sure that I could as she is a sibling to me, an heir to the estate and a co-executor.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">