• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do with truck?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mori5964

What is the name of your state? South Carolina.(I personally live in Connecticut, property is in South Carolina) My father died unexpectedly in November. He was paying a loan on a truck. There are 2 years left to pay(230.00per month). Our problem is my sisters and myself(I am the the Personal Representative for the estate) cannot afford to pay it off or take over payments. There is 8,600.00 left to pay and the book value is about 5,000.00. The bank has told us that they'll reposses after 2 months of non payment. If it was repoed, can a claim be made against the estate for the remaining owed on loan after aution? Thank you for any info. ~Maria

Last edited:

H

hexeliebe

Yes, but how much is in the estate to pay the debt? If the estate has nothing then it's a wash. You or sis can't be held personally liable for the debts of the estate.

mori5964

Thanks for your fast reply. Currently we have only 2,600.00 liquid cash in our estate account. We are currently waiting on finding out if there was life insurance on a condo as well. They don't give you much time to get things in order before they try to get their money. So, I guess we should just let the truck go. Thanks again.
~Maria

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">