• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens if a WILL is not filed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dempster1950

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My mother recently passed away. My sister is in charge of her estate. She will not say whether or not there is a WILL. If there is and she does not file in within 10 days of mother's death, what happens to the WILL? I do not trust her, as she has stated to relatives previously that she has "hidden" mother's money. She is proceeding as if she does not have to have a WILL or does not have to follow any rules. What is my recourse?

BelizeBreeze

YOU, go to the probate court tomorrow and file as executor of mom's estate. IF there is a will, then sis will be required to provide it. Otherwise, mom's estate will be handled intestate or, without a will.

D

dempster1950

The problem is that I live in Alabama and it would have to be filed in Florida. Do I need an attorney to file that for me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">