• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what kind of lawyer do I need? And is this even possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shawng918

My brother is severly handicapped and living in a disgusting nursing home. He is on state aid (medicare, medicade, SS) and they take every dollar. He has recently received an inheritance from a 3rd deceased uncle. My question is how can we go about not having this money put in his name so the state will not take it? HE is the one that wants this because as I said he has NOTHING. Is this even possible? If so, what type of lawyer do I need?

New Jersey

tranquility

Most recovery statutes would consider the money available to pay for the care if the person had the right to receive it--even if he didn't. I don't think you could do it, but if you could, you will need to see a trusts and estate and/or eldercare attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">