• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights to the family home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Our relationship didnt become tumultuous until three days before she left. In all honesty I've been heartsick since my mother left.
Then maybe repairing what caused the rift in your relationship would also repair the house issue. Perhaps your mother feels hurt or disrespected and that is why she doesn't want you living in her property? Or, perhaps she cannot afford to keep the house and maintain another household for herself and is hurt that you do not understand that?

Maybe this whole thing is not about the house at all but about family relationships? Its at least worth thinking about.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I took another look at he paperwork and it's a notice to vacate.
Then you are not being evicted yet, but the woman does want you out of her house. If you don't vacate by the expiration of the period, then she can take action through the courts to have you removed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">