• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the next step?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

twisterVi

What is the name of your state? TX

My father in law passed in Nov 2003 and he has a will. There would be 2 beneficiaries including my mother in law, my husband & his sister.

Please advise whether a probate is necessary since everyone would follow my father in law's will and no objection to that.

Also, what is the next step and how long will it take?

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Cheers,
Vi

H

hexeliebe

Before the big guys get here to help you (including you Boxcar if you're still alive ) I'll ask for them.

How large is the estate?

Who is the Administrator?

Has anything been done to this point, including distribution of any assets?

Dandy Don

Contact the county courthouse probate court to find out what the minimum amount of estate value must be before probate is required. Normal probate of simple estates can take anywhere from 3 months to 7 months depending on the complexity of the assets in the estate and how many other probate cases are being handled in the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">