• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Is "Pro-Se"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Poohbear1845

What is the name of your state? Texas

What is "Pro-Se"? Is it the fact that you are representing yourself. If this is correct, what proceedure(s) I have to go through to let the States Attorney General's Office know that I am representing myself?

JETX

"What is "Pro-Se"? Is it the fact that you are representing yourself."
*** Yes. "Pro Se" is latin for "for himself" and is used to indicate that the party is representing himself without the benefit of an attorney. It is more accurately called "in propria persona", which is:
adj. from Latin "for one's self," acting on one's own behalf, generally used to identify a person who is acting as his/her own attorney in a lawsuit. The popular abbreviation is "in pro per." In the filed legal documents (pleadings), the party's name, address and telephone number are written where the name, address and telephone number of the attorney would normally be stated. The words "in propria persona" or "in pro per" are typed where normally it would say "attorney for plaintiff."

"If this is correct, what proceedure(s) I have to go through to let the States Attorney General's Office know that I am representing myself?"
*** Why would the state Attorney General be involved in this matter??
If you are "in pro per" (or 'pro se'), then you would simply file your lawsuit, motions and/or responses as noted above.

HomeGuru

What kind of litigation is this where a state attorney general is involved in a wills and trust matter?

Poohbear1845

I should have mentioned the fact that I had and attorney and the court proceedings took place years ago. This is a divorce case and child support is the topic in question. My attorney has, in my opionion, dropped the ball on this one. I am having trouble corresponding with the attorney and the State Attorney General's Office will not speak to me by phone. I can't get any information from my attorney or the Attorney General's Office. The AG's office say they can only talk to my attorney. This is why I'm looking into representing myself so I can find out what's happening. I received a letter from the AG's office stating that I needed to appear at their office but they will not tell me why. They refuse to talk to me over the phone and if I send a letter they inform me that they only correspond through my lawyer. I'm in the dark.

Poohbear1845

I do apoligize. After reading the second reply, I discovered that I was not in the right forum. Please accept my apologies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">