• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I live in the state of Virgina. My father recently passed away . He didn't own property or anything of high vaule. His wife went to close out a bank account they made the check out to the estate of the deceased. What do we do with this check it is for a very small amount. What does she do if there was no estate and what is considered part of the estate?

ALawyer

There are very simple processes for handling small estates in most states. Ask the clerk in the probate court and simply do what the clerk says.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">