• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What's the best way for Dad to make sure I get the house we own jointly.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GypsyLady

Oregon: My Dad lives with me and I am responsible for his care and welfare. Dad and I are buying a house together and he is providing a sizeable down payment (he will still live with me). He wants to Quit Claim the deed back to me after the purchase.

What are the legal ramifications of doing this? How do I/Dad prevent the executor from forcing the sale of the house - and my removal - after his death?

I need to be absolutely certain everything is legal and above board. Dad will still have a sizeable estate after the house purchase - so I don't believe it will affect Medicaid eligibility - he wouldn't be eligible at any rate.

Any advice how to go about this? Quit Claim? Leave him on the deed and hope for the best?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">