• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I stand as Wife if husband dies with no will in State of Idaho

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DMPerry

My husbands assets prior to our marriage are a home and 5 acres of land, no insurance policies, no will. We married last year and I work a full time job and put the money into the home we live in. He has been retired for 10 years (he is only 55) and thus his retirement pension and my paycheck are our source of income. The home has a mortgage but still has equity over the mortgage owed. I am having difficulty with a very trying 31 year old daughter who keeps saying she and one of her brothers will receive all property and assets when dad dies. Aparently before I was in the picture, so to speak, that was the way it was planned and husband says that was prior to the marriage and does not apply now. There are three other biological children estranged from dad. Please help me know what lies ahead if husband does not make a will.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DMPerry:
My husbands assets prior to our marriage are a home and 5 acres of land, no insurance policies, no will. We married last year and I work a full time job and put the money into the home we live in. He has been retired for 10 years (he is only 55) and thus his retirement pension and my paycheck are our source of income. The home has a mortgage but still has equity over the mortgage owed. I am having difficulty with a very trying 31 year old daughter who keeps saying she and one of her brothers will receive all property and assets when dad dies. Aparently before I was in the picture, so to speak, that was the way it was planned and husband says that was prior to the marriage and does not apply now. There are three other biological children estranged from dad. Please help me know what lies ahead if husband does not make a will.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your husband dies, the matter will be decided by Probate Court pursuant to the laws in your State. The Court would give instructions on the disbursements of all assets. Without a will, he will have no say and the State of Idaho will speak on his behalf whether he likes the outcome or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">