• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who can subpoena yoru assets in a Trust? What info can they get with the EIN #?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luminosity

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a Special Needs' Trust; my ex landlord is requesting a copy of my SNT (for the first time) to determine my eligibility for tenancy, even though I lived there for nearly two years.

I understand he is only entitled to a Certificate of Trust; what kind of info can a nefarious person get with the EIN # of a confidential trust?

I hear it's a risky as your S.S. #. Is this correct?

Can just anyone subpoena your assets, or does there have to be pending litigation (ie, if I had stayed past my move out date & was sued for Unlawful Detainer, they could have subpoenaed my assets).

If info is gathered illegally via my EIN #, do I have legal recourse?

I have searched & searched for this answer online & in my law book & can't find it.

Please help if you know the answer to these pertinent questions! :)

Thank you.

tranquility

A landlord can determine his own criteria for renting to a person as long as it is not a prohibited reason. It is not prohibited to know the terms of someone's trust.

Are you recieving SSI/Medi-Cal? And are you talking about a Section 8 apartment which requires specific criteria? I'm no expert but a SNT is supposed to shelter you from losing your SSI or Medi-Cal and I think that includes Section 8.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">