• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who notifies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zitisweetie

What is the name of your state? alabama

father passed in florida 1/2003, stepmother filed probate 10/17/03 and is executor of estate, don't know if there is a will sure there is since he knew he was ill and they remarried 4 months prior to his dealth after being divorced about 9 years but lived together while divorced. unable to ask stepmother anything since she made it clear she don't want any ties with his 1st children, my sister and i. i'd like to know who lists his children on probate or will she be able to just list their 2 children. also if we are listed who will notify us, her or her attorney?

lwpat

The executor of the estate is responsible for notifying anyone that may have a claim to the estate. However she has waited an unusually long time to start probate and you have waited an unusually long time to start asking questions.

Contact the probate court and have them send you a copy of the file. It will help if you have a copy of the obituary or death certificate when you call.

If he had substantial assets you will need to retain your own attorney in order to protect your interests. If he owned everything jointly wrs with stepmother then it all goes to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">