• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who will inherit this property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

megan5

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?virginia.......my deceased parents owned property as tenants by the entirety. in their will they left 1/2 of the property to me and 1/2 to my brother. when my brother died he left a will dated before he had inherited this property in which he left everything to his second wife and nothing to his children from a previous marriage. who inherits his half of the property given the fact that my brother and i never changed the title of the property from my parents name?

JETX

megan5 said:
when my brother died he left a will dated before he had inherited this property in which he left everything to his second wife and nothing to his children from a previous marriage. who inherits his half of the property given the fact that my brother and i never changed the title of the property from my parents name?
If your brothers will is valid, then his second wife would own his share.

M

megan5

thanks one more question

virginia---------can i put this property in a trust account for my children or do i have to buy her half of the property first.

JETX

megan5 said:
can i put this property in a trust account for my children or do i have to buy her half of the property first.
You can put YOUR share of ownership in a trust, but that would not affect any percentage owned by someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">