• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's can make changes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wind1

:confused: I am asking this for my inlaws. Right now one of thems mother passed and there waiting for the father to go any time. My relative was the oldest and was incharge of all the estate. They were going to split everything equal. But all of a sudden things changed and they were no longer in charge. One of the other kids moved in and took there name off everything and now there getting everything. My relative and one other child wont get anything. I don't know how it could be changed so easy. My relative don't need anything other than something to remember them by but they wont even get that. And I would like to see the other kid not get anything because of how they have done the rest of the kids. Please let me know what can be done.

ALawyer

If the real estate was deeded then the "owners" were changed. Similarly the names on bank and securites accounts may have been changed and insurance and IRA and 401k beneficiaries may have been changed. And a new Will or trust may have been signed. That ould do it.

IF there is any question about the person's mental competence or the possibly that the son who moved back in exercised undue influence or is engaing in fraud, the time for your family member to see a lawyer is NOW, as the chages may be set aside on those grounds. It would be MUCH harder after the death.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">