• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why use Specian Needs Trust?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of state? Calif.

I'm still confused about Special Needs Trust. It seems very few lawyers know the ins and outs of it. What are the reasons for a parent creating Special Needs Turst for a beneficiary? From what I understand, the only reason SNT is used, is if, and only if, a child is on SSI (not Social Security) and Medi-Cal, (same as Medicaide in other states) which is only for the most destitude families and most disabled adults who will never be able to work at all and support themselves.

If a trsutee lied to a decedent to cause them to place a SNT on a beneficiary who is not in the above category,is their any other argument the trustee can concoct to prove a SNT is the reason why the beneficiary cannot receive their inheritance the decedent thought she was bequesthing even if that beneficiary is not on SSI/MediCal? Does a trustee have a right to lie to a decedent to cause them to put a SNT on a sibling so he can control the "victim's" inheritance? (BTW, the father never bought into his lies and left their portion to be equal to all others and distributed free of any trust. The decedent was 80 yrs old when it happened. The trustee is also extremly viscious and vindictive towards the SNT recipient and has never shown any love or caring whatsoever and has also subjected that person to horrible abuse. I'd appreciate the clarification of uses and "misuse" of SNT. THank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">