• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krw112859

I live in Arkansas. My brother just passed away without a will and he also resided in Arkansas. We have a half-brother and I am wondering if our half-brother is entitled to a share of my brother's estate or am I the sole heir since I am his only surviving full blood relative?

ALawyer

(5) Fifth, if the intestate is survived by no descendant or parent, then all of his or her heritable estate which under subdivisions (3) and (4) would have vested in intestate's surviving parent or parents will pass to intestate's brothers and sisters and the descendants of any brothers and sisters of intestate who may have predeceased the intestate, such brothers, sisters, and descendants taking per capita or per stirpes according to §§ 28-9-204 and 28-9-205.

28-9-213. Kinsmen of the half blood.

An intestate's kinsmen of the half blood will inherit the intestate's real or personal property to the same extent as if they were his kinsmen of the whole blood.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">