• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

longta

My spouse and i are going on a trip soon and generating a will. We have 3 small children and 4 houses. Using this tool has raised a few questions. First, is there any such thing as a "joint" will, whereas if something happens to BOTH of us, we'll have different requirements than if something happened to only my spouse (where obviously i woudl be the beneficiary). Is it legal to put a clause in the will that say's something to the effect that "this will is only valid if something happens to both of us", and have another will in my spouses name if something happened to only him? (I'm in VA) The one we're working on leaves everything to the kids as his parents being the guardians and managers of the estate. But is this still a valid will if something only happens to him? Or should we just go ahead & do a will for him that leaves everyhting to me and the kids w/ his parents as the alternate? what's standard?

ALawyer

The "standard" ius a Will that outlines what happens in each circumstance. And a lawyer should do it for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">