• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state? PA

ok i missed the time frame for contesting a will, but did come across something that was very strange. apparently the 2 witnesses on the will are partners in a law firm and the notary is the secretary. here is the wierd thing. the time line involved on the day my mom supposedly signed the will.

730am woke up and had a nurse come into her house to get her shower and dressed for dads funeral that day.
830am left for the funeral home just 2 blocks away.
845am at funeral home and then at 1115am proceeded to church across the street to have mass for dad.
during mass at approximately 1145am, someone call emt's to church thinking that mom died. they took her to the hospital in an ambulance.
4pm picked up mom at the hospital and brought her home
430pm hospice nurse arrived at home to take care of her.
7:45pm mom passes on.
can someone explain how 2 lawyers and a notary witness my mom's signature all on that same day? mom was never out of my site!!!! i was by her side the entire time. since it is 1 1/2 yrs since she passed...is there anything i can do?

momm2500

articles of interest

appoximately 6 years ago, parents had all 4 siblings over the house. mom and dad went room to room and designated who was to get what out of each room. this paper was signed off by all parties involved. it was never notarized. i was told by the executor because it was not notarized it will not hold up in court and what ever was written in it and signed off by parents and all 4 siblings, that he as the executor can change it. is this true? this actually holds a list of who gets what. anyone know if this is true?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">