• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheryl1972

Will Caveat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
How can a person prove that a person was coerced into creating a new will or lacked mental capacity to create a new will? A parent has died and left nothing to 3 of the 5 children, but out of the blue the will was changed in January of this year and only 2 of the children are receiving the estate? Where can a person look to find evidence of wrong doing? Can medical records and such be accessed to proved the claim?

Last edited:

rowz

I am sure it was simple thing to file a caveat that stopped the probate process.

Now comes the fun part.

Go pony up 10K or so for the atty who can delve into the situation, discover the evidence and see if your basis for relief can be granted.

How big is this estate?

Why do you think that the 2 have been favored over the 3?

cheryl1972

Will Caveat

It is too long of story, but there is reason to believe that the one of the other siblings may have coerced the parent into having the parent leave the money to the older 2 siblings. We will be getting a lawyer, but in the meantime we need to file this caveat with the county clerk tomorrow. Does anyone know what exactly needs to be included in the letter or a good web site that can give advice or a sample letter? Any help is appreciated. I am new to this site and wasn't sure of what I really wanted to ask so I deleted my previous few questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">