• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Precious Rose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

Im just curious, my husbands mother passed away in 2008 her will says that her stuff moved onto her husband and son.

My father in laws will says when he dies all should be passed to his son. Hes getting remarried will my husbands moms will mean nothing then because his father will probably change his will to give everything to his new gold digger.

anteater

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

...her will says that her stuff moved onto her husband and son.
That is far too vague for anybody to offer an opinion.

What did "her stuff" consist of?

Realistically, with a married couple, ownership of untitled personal property is very difficult to sort out. And your husband would have to open probate for your mother's estate to even begin.

curb1

Precious Rose,

You are correct in that if father in law designates the "gold digger" in his will, she will have a pretty good shot at his remaining assets. Is that what he wants to do? He has that choice. A good conversation with father in law about estate planning could be appropriate.

nextwife

First, before mom's will even matters, one first needs to know exactly HOW title was held at the time of her death.

Second: Was mom's will probated?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Precious Rose - please take comfort in the FACT that none of the stuff is (or ever was) yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">