• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will Contest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ronboy

Aunt had written a will 3 days before here death in 1999. I was named executor of the estate and everything was left to me.
My aunt's only child is contesting the will on the grounds my aunt was not of sound mind.
I found a previous will written in 1997. In this will a close friend was named executor and the estate was left to charities. This will would be valid if 1999 will is overturned.
Question does this child have the legal grounds to sue when they were disinherited in 1997.
This in Iowa court

dmode101

That's a good point. You should probably file that Will with the court. If the 1999 will is set aside, then this will should step up and control, in which case there isn't much point for the children to contest the 1999 Will in the first place. You might want to make sure they are aware of this fact to avoid the challenge in the first instance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">