• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will - copy vs original

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FESTINA

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Will a probate court accept an uncertified, unwitnessed, unsigned, except where it states in the first line I, ---- -----, do hereby, will into probate as a valid will?
Many thanks

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

FESTINA said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Will a probate court accept an uncertified, unwitnessed, unsigned, except where it states in the first line I, ---- -----, do hereby, will into probate as a valid will?
Many thanks
What you have in your hands is worthless.

FESTINA

Many thanks for such a quick response. I tried to correct my original question to include the fact that this is a holographic document, but it didn't work. Evidently, in Tennessee, you do not have to have witnesses to a holographic will. The presenter of this document will state that the first line with includes the testator's name i.e. I, ---- -----, being of sound mind etc. constitutes the signature. Is this correct? Also, at the moment, there only seems to be a copy at the court house and no sign of the original. Is this valid in the state?
All the best
Fest

S

seniorjudge

Copies of wills are not admitted to probate in any jurisdiction that I am aware of.

Dandy Don

If the bottom of the will is not signed there is no way it could be accepted as valid. So what is the explanation for why the rest of the will was not signed?

Start looking at probate law to see how this estate is going to be divided, because the will is worthless.

FESTINA

Thank you all for your replys. I will keep you posted on how the judge rules on this. Signature at top or no signature. Judge and Dandy - enjoyed your imput on mine and other cases. Will sign in again soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">