• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will finally found!! Now what do we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

comicmart

The estate is currently in Nevada probate. The most recent will of my fathers is apparently lost by the attorney's office. However, we have found one that is older at another attorney's office. My mother is named sole beneficiary in this older will although I was named sole beneficiary in the newer will. We would like to continue with this will rather then intestate where 2 unfindable children would be named as beneficiaries aswell. With them unfindable 2/3's of the assets will go to the state. My mother and father were divorced but neither the will or the divorce decree exclude my mother from inheritance. My mother would like to sign over 3/4 of the assets to me from the inheritance so that we can proceed as my fathers wishes would have been if the newer will had been found. What do we need to file, in order to redistribute 1/4 to her and 3/4 to me.

A

advisor10

JUNE 11, 2001

DEAR COMICMART:

(1) You really don't need to file anything extra to achieve what you want. If the older will is filed, your mother will receive everything and then she can dispose of her assets any way she wants to, by giving 3/4th (or whatever portion) to you.

(2) What do you mean by "2 unfindable children"? If you know their names, you should make an honest effort to find them by hiring a private investigator (who could search a national database) to locate them, ONLY IF THE ESTATE WILL BE INTESTATE.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">