• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will with girl friend who passed as benefiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lester12345

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My friend has a will where his girl friend is one of the people mentioned to receive some money. The girl friend passed away a year ago. What would happen if he now passes away? Would her estate receive the money? (My friend has been lax on this but will soon create a new will.)

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My friend has a will where his girl friend is one of the people mentioned to receive some money. The girl friend passed away a year ago. What would happen if he now passes away? Would her estate receive the money? (My friend has been lax on this but will soon create a new will.)
No. Florida's anti-lapse statute would only cover relatives. (Related by grandparent.) The gift would lapse and remain in the testator's estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">