• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will and Living Trust Acquisition Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stretch74

State: Washington

Question: Hello. Because I am a very simple man with little to no belongings of value aside from a couple misc. electronics, some loose change, a vehicle, and an old Dog, is there a more simplified form one can fill out for this particular situation rather than drawing up a complete Will? To elaborate, I'm 40 and in fair health. Upon my passing I'd like to leave absolutely everything to my adult daughter, cut and dry. I may accumulate more belongings in the future but for now I'd like her to be able to gain sole ownership of what I currently own should I go unexpectedly.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I truly appreciate it, thank you.

FlyingRon

Such a will would be simple and the fill in the blanks one probably will suffice. There's no point in a trust without titleable assets (a house, stocks ,etc...) and having one made up is going to be MORE involved than will not less. Make sure anything that has (or can have) a beneficiary designation is set up to have your daughter. Washington has a small estate procedure that will most likely apply to you.

stretch74

Such a will would be simple and the fill in the blanks one probably will suffice. There's no point in a trust without titleable assets (a house, stocks ,etc...) and having one made up is going to be MORE involved than will not less. Make sure anything that has (or can have) a beneficiary designation is set up to have your daughter. Washington has a small estate procedure that will most likely apply to you.
Thank you very much for the reply. I'll do just that, via simple type Will. I've done some homework since posting and see that the rocketlawyer Website allows me to do this for free. I'm not Internet savvy so I hope it's something that will work. Thanks much for the beneficiary designation tip as well.

Take care

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">