• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will made in NC person died in FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

3lpigs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL?NC?
Two months after my dad died, one of my bro's took my mom with Alzheimer's to sign a new will making he and his wife the heirs to my parents home. She was not declared incompetant but clearly was unable to understand signing anything besides the influence bro had living with her since dad died. This was in NC. Bro's wife had power of atty and executor of estate and later moved mom to FL where she died. Bro's wife has not provided any will or docs about estate.

Do I get an atty in FL or NC?

Thanks

Marianne

anteater

If Mom was a Florida resident when she passed away, and it sounds as if that is the case, then probate should be taking place in Florida and you would generally want to retain a Florida attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">