• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will ??? Where to start

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rhonda1972

What is the name of your state? MARYLAND

:eek:
Hello All! My mother has a lot of life threatening health problems and she would like to have a LIVING WILL and a LAST WILL AND TESTIMENT. She asked me to help her because she doesn’t know how to do any of this. My questions are:

Living Will.
I printed something out Entitled Maryland Health Care Decision Making Forms
(I am going to have her complete it, however from there I don’t know how to make her wishes official.)

Last Will and Testament
Where do I start? Should I pay for one online? Is there a place I can go and get a free one done. I have a Suze Orman CD, which I believe has a template on there. I just don’t know how to make it legal.

We are trying to avoid going to a lawyer.

Thanks so much for taking time to read this.
:eek:

Last edited:

Dandy Don

What is the value of your mother's estate? You could use the template to have the will and living will done, but you are foolish NOT to have it reviewed by an attorney to make sure all bases have been covered and to insure that it is legally correct in your state. If there are any complications or omissions, they can be caught now instead of waiting until probate to be figured out.
It would cost only a few hundred dollars for an attorney to review, so don't automatically assume that an attorney's fee is exorbitant or out of reach. In this case it would be well worth it, but shop around and get fee quotes from different attorneys before deciding which one to use.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">