• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will Writing advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SallyM81

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the forum and would like some advice from those who are experienced with will writing inparticular.

A friend sent me a guide which covered the basics of wills, probate, executors and inheritance which I've found fairly useful but would like some suggestions as to where to get some reliable information regarding will writing in terms of:

- Where to get started.
- Whether it's advisable to write your own will or seek professional help.
- General difference in cost (between the above)
- if it's safe to create a will online, and if there are any recommended websites.

Very new to all of this so would appreciate any suggestions to get me started.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the forum and would like some advice from those who are experienced with will writing inparticular.

A friend sent me a guide which covered the basics of wills, probate, executors and inheritance which I've found fairly useful but would like some suggestions as to where to get some reliable information regarding will writing in terms of:

- Where to get started.
- Whether it's advisable to write your own will or seek professional help.
- General difference in cost (between the above)
- if it's safe to create a will online, and if there are any recommended websites.

Very new to all of this so would appreciate any suggestions to get me started.
U.S. Law only.

TigerD

There is nothing quite as costly as doing it wrong. Wills are a place where you really do need a professional.

TD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">