• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

truantcop9

New York Is there a place online where you can obtain a no fuss Will? My parents had a Will and Power of Attorney completed by a lawyer a month ago and it cost them $800.00 I can't imagine paying that much for two pieces of paper. I could understand if there were alot of details, but nothing? Just two names, two address and everything split... I'm not being cheap, just attempting to save money where it is not necessary to spend.

Thanks!

las365

Look up. Up at the top of this page, on the dark gray bar. There is a link called "Legal Forms" and if you click on it, you can find a form for a Will, cheap. It appears that a service to actually prepare the Will is also offered, very cheaply.

Or you could just grab a notepad and write a Will in your own hand. People have been doing it for centuries, absolutely free of charge.

Your parents didn't pay $800 for two pieces of paper. Or maybe they did, were two blank sheets of paper what they received? They paid for an attorney's knowledge and advice and (hopefully) properly prepared documents that will ensure that their wishes are known and can be carried out even if some greedy relative tries to challenge them. $800 is very inexpensive for that legal service.

truantcop9

Thank you very much Ias, I never would have seen that 'Legal Form' notice. And of course you're right, they did pay for attorney fees, not two blank pieces of paper. It just appeared very pricey for a simple will to me. And to others that they've asked. However when you go with the best lawyers you do pay.

Thanks for your help.

J

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">