• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bhaltermjr

My wife has nothing in her name,she feels uncomfortable if anything should happen to me,my wife and I live in a home that is controlled by three signatures,my Dad,my Mom and myself,what can I do to secure the home for her if I pass on?
If I make a will out that states she gets the home if I pass on will she have my place on the contract for the home? Please help me, our marriage is at stake here:confused:

ALawyer

Buddy, I have no idea if YOU own your home or your parents do. If they do, you can not leave it to a wife in a will.

You can get some life insurance though -- 99% of the time it makes sense to ONLY buy term. Also if your wife is threatening to leave you over this, your parents may see something different from you -- a gold digger.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">