• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wills and new wife as beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pzr2

What is the name of your state?

This is NYS law.

My son in law father passed away at the age of 65 about 3 weeks ago...My son-in-law lost his mother 5 years ago..He was the only living child an beneficiary to everything..A year ago his father remarried and had the will changed to the house and his Kodak life insurance..His new wife refuses to give my son in law and daughter anything as a remembrance of his parents as the will stated house and whats inside..He does not know if there are any other insurance policies that his father left for him because just before his father died he told his son to get an envelope and everything in there was what he would need..She refused to give him that so a week later when they went to the lawyers she pulled out of her purse the new will. Isn't there any way he has a right to some belongings of his parents. Why should she keep a lifetime of memories for her and her family who now live in the house..She is 65 years of age to..She went as far as to bolt the fathers tool box to the wall of the garage..She is a greedy and very nasty person who did well for knowing this man who was ill with cancer when she met him and had the wills changed last August 8 months before he passed. Is there anything he can do legally to get some things of his parents?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pzr2 said:
What is the name of your state?

This is NYS law.

My son in law father passed away at the age of 65 about 3 weeks ago...My son-in-law lost his mother 5 years ago..He was the only living child an beneficiary to everything..A year ago his father remarried and had the will changed to the house and his Kodak life insurance..His new wife refuses to give my son in law and daughter anything as a remembrance of his parents as the will stated house and whats inside..He does not know if there are any other insurance policies that his father left for him because just before his father died he told his son to get an envelope and everything in there was what he would need..She refused to give him that so a week later when they went to the lawyers she pulled out of her purse the new will. Isn't there any way he has a right to some belongings of his parents. Why should she keep a lifetime of memories for her and her family who now live in the house..She is 65 years of age to..She went as far as to bolt the fathers tool box to the wall of the garage..She is a greedy and very nasty person who did well for knowing this man who was ill with cancer when she met him and had the wills changed last August 8 months before he passed.

My response:

Thanks for that heartbreaking story. And your legal question is . . .?

IAAL

pzr2

Guess I forgot to ask my question regarding my son in law with the new will that his father left...Isn't there anything my son in law and daughter can do to be able to get some things that belonged to his parents that are in the house..She refuses to give them anything..She only met my son in laws father a year ago..married him and had the will changed...

S

seniorjudge

pzr2 said:
Guess I forgot to ask my question regarding my son in law with the new will that his father left...Isn't there anything my son in law and daughter can do to be able to get some things that belonged to his parents that are in the house..She refuses to give them anything..She only met my son in laws father a year ago..married him and had the will changed...
Pa did not want son to get anything or he would've put it in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">