• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wills/Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevi Scarbro

What is the name of your state? West Virginia. My question is this...my mother had me as p.o.a. and executrix of her will Before dying she told me to take the money from her cds - in the will she wanted the money divided. As p.o.a. I closed the cds and the bank gave me cashiers checks - which I latr cashed and put into an account for the estate. This is my question...if the will states to split the cds - the cds did not exist at death - she told me to cash them in and go spend them - she asked only I help look after my one brother. My siblings have me in court. Can I still be held accountable for this money -SteviWhat is the name of your state? West Virginia

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">